Home Run Derby
The $1Million Home Run Derby is back for the 2015 season!
Last year we ran the $1Million Home Run Derby contest and no one was able to hit the $1Million prize, so we have decided to bring it back this season! We will be running Home Run Derby contests every day this MLB season, and every day you can enter for FREE. All you have to do is enter one of the daily MLB contests labeled $1Million Home Run Derby and watch 9 home runs make you an instant Millionaire! Below we have outlined the basics about the contest and the different ways to win, so may the 2015 MLB season bring you $1Million!
What is the $1,000,000 Home Run Derby Contest?
The Home Run Derby Contest is a daily Pick 9 baseball contest where you simply select 9 players (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, DH) and if they all hit a home run that day you win $1,000,000.
Where can I find the contest?
Once a you have registered, all you have to do is simply go to our Sports Lobby to see the Home Run Derby contests. All of our Home Run Derby $1Million contests will be tagged with the dark gold tag with the blue writing saying “$1Million”.
How do I win?
There are two different ways to win the $1Million prize:
- Enter our Daily Home Run Derby Freeroll that is free for anyone to enter, limited to one entry per person. There is no payout, but if all 9 of your players hit a home run that day then you will take home the $1Million prize.
- Enter any Home Run Derby contest (non-guaranteed) for $1 or more, and in addition to your regular winnings, we will give you $1Million if all your players hit a home run that day.
How do I select a roster?
Once you have joined the Home Run Derby contest you want, you will be directed to the roster entry page where you can select your 9 players. You must select one player from the following 9 positions: Catcher, First Base, Second Base, Third Base, Short Stop, Left Field, Center Field, Right Field, and Designated Hitter.
BetAmerica is the only place with a potential million dollar winner every day of the baseball season, so starting playing today!
1) Promotion Description: The Promotion begins on March 31, 2014 and ends on October 31, 2015 (the “Promotional Period”). By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2) Eligibility: You hereby represent and warrant that you are a natural person (corporate entities and similar organizations are not eligible to use the service for any purpose) and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in these terms and to abide by and comply with these terms. Additionally, you must be able to represent and warrant that you comply with the “Eligibility Conditions for Use of Service” as described in the Terms and Conditions.
In order to deposit money to play paid entry games you must be able to represent and warrant that:
You are of 18 years of age or older.
You are a citizen or resident of the United States of America or Canada and that you have an address in the United States of America or Canada.
You are physically located in the United States of America or Canada and reside in a jurisdiction in which participation in any contest you choose to participate in is not prohibited by applicable law.
You will abide at all times by these rules and any other agreements regarding your use of the service or participation in contests.
You are not a resident of any ineligible U.S. state or Canadian province. In the event participation guidelines in any of these states or provinces change during the course of the promotional period to allow participation, this stipulation will no longer be applicable.
You are not subject to backup withholding tax because: (a) you are exempt from backup withholding, or (b) you have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that you are subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified you that you are no longer subject to backup withholding.
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements of this section, then do not use the service. In addition to any other rights that Sponsor may have in law or equity, Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or terminate the account (and terminate, withhold or revoke the awarding of any prizes associated with such account) of any purported user of the service that does not meet the foregoing requirements. Sponsor may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to participate prior to receiving a prize.
You may establish only one (1) account per person to participate in the activities offered on the service. In the event Sponsor discovers that any individual has opened more than one (1) account, in addition to any other rights that Sponsor may have, Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or terminate any or all accounts associated with a single individual and terminate, withhold or revoke the awarding of any prizes to such individual.
3) PROGRAM OVERVIEW: The Promotion is a series of one-day fantasy baseball contests. Standard entry procedures and fees will be in place for the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to determine when and how often the Promotion will be offered during the Promotional Period. On days during the Promotional Period in which zero or one MLB games are played, the Promotion will not be offered. The Promotion will not be offered in conjunction with the MLB All Star Game.
In one-day fantasy baseball games offered by Sponsor during the Promotional Period which are (1) designated as a “Million Dollar Home Run Derby” contest, or (2) designated as a “$1,000,000 Home Run Derby” contest, or (3) designated as a Home Run Derby contest and the entry fee is at least $5.50, qualified entrants shall select a designated MLB player for each of the following nine (9) positions:
Entrants will select one, and only one, MLB player for each of these nine (9) positions. These selections will collectively be considered an entry (an “Entry”). In the event all nine selected players hit a home run, as recognized by MLB, on the same day for which the contest applies, and the entrant has met all the obligations and requirements detailed herein, the Prize will be awarded. For days when a double-header is scheduled to be played, only home runs from the first scheduled game of the day will be used to determine if a player has hit a home run on that day. Entrants may qualify to submit multiple Entries via methods described on the entry site. Entries in contests which are cancelled are not eligible to win the Prize. Position eligibility for players will be determined by Sponsor, which may change during the Promotional Period.
4) PRIZES: In the event any entrant has a winning Entry as described herein, the Prize Payout (“Prize”) will be:
Please note that the Prize may be paid in the form of twenty (20) annual payments of Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000) in each year. In the event there is more than one winner during the Promotional Period, the Prize will be divided equally among the winners. Any potential expenses, taxes, and fees associated with a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners understand that Sponsor may be required to withhold a portion of the Prize for tax withholding purposes and submit such withholding to the proper tax authorities.
5) VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Upon request, any potential winner will receive via email an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (“Affidavit/Release”) and corresponding tax forms following the verification of their winning Entry. Any potential winner must submit all forms either via email or standard mail within ten (10) days after having submitted a winning Entry. The information in the winner’s Affidavit of Eligibility must be correct or potential winner will be disqualified. If any potential winner is ineligible, fails to claim a prize in accordance with these rules, or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavit/Release as required, the prize will be forfeited. Prize amounts will be sent via bank transfer within ten (10) business days after winners have been confirmed. By participating, a winner, except where prohibited by law, grants Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliated companies, Sponsor’s designees and their affiliated companies the right to use the winner’s name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, voice, biographical information and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
6) APPLICABLE LAW: The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Promotion will be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules. Any litigation arising out of or relating to this Promotion must be filed and pursued exclusively in the State or Federal courts in San Francisco County, California, and participation in the Promotion means you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts.
7) OWNERSHIP AND RELEASES: All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies involved in the Promotion and each of their respective employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Releasees”) are not responsible for: late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, or misdirected entries; errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of hardware, software, communication devices or transmission lines; or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of materials, loss or otherwise. Further, Releasees are not responsible for communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or any participant’s inability to receive telephone calls, text messages or emails for any reason. Releasees disclaim any liability for damage to any computer, mobile device or other hardware resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Promotion. By entering, each participant agrees to release the Releasees from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with participation in this Promotion, the awarding, receipt, use or misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activity.
8) ALTERNATE MEANS OF ENTRY: A person satisfying the eligibility requirements set forth above in Section 2 may receive one (1) free mail-in entry without purchase. In order to obtain a free entry, send a 3 x 5 postcard with your first name, last name, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, last four digits of your social security number and e-mail address in a properly stamped #10 envelope to: “Million Dollar Home Run Derby Promotion Entry,” c/o SCA Promotions, 3030 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway, Suite 300, Dallas, Texas 75234. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by September 15, 2015 to be eligible.
9) ENDING PROMOTION: Sponsor reserves the right to restrict entries from any entrant if suspicious activity is suspected or detected. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion at any time. In addition, the Promotion will end on the day for which there is a winning Entry or Entries. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on the entry site. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant (and all of his/her entries) from this Promotion or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if his/her tampering, fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to correct errors in promotional materials. By participating in this Promotion, each participant accepts the conditions stated in these rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Promotion.